Monday 14 October 2013

crème de la mer: the moisturizing cream review


Photo taken from www.cremedelamer.co.uk © Crème de la Mer


Creme de la Mer is the leading player in luxury skincare around the world. Ever since it's launch in 1992 La Mer gained a massive cult following across the globe due to its natural and potent ingredients which transform the skin! And we have two factors to thank, one is the creator himself Max Hubber and second is the miracle broth.
The world-renowned miracle broth is the heart of every Crème de la Mer product today, the hand harvested sea kelp  along with the other natural & powerful ingredients are nurtured for 3-4 months before they can begin to transform and regenerate our skin. To this day Crème de la Mer still remains making waves and is a favourite around the world by numerous industry experts.
The beginning of this magical brand started when NASA scientist Dr. Max Hubber had a laboratory accident causing him to suffer burns to his face. Due to this Hubber made it his personal quest to create something to help the appearance of his skin. And there you go; Crème de la Mer was born. To this date today the ingredients are still hand harvested and continued to nurture for 3-4 months.
Many people ask ‘’can men use Crème de la Mer’’ and the answer is yes. The product was created by a man for a man. Although I’m a firm believer in men’s skin is no different to women’s skin I wanted to reassure people asking the same question. Skin is an organ in which everybody posses, the only slight difference would be some men’s skin can be a little tougher than a women’s slightly more delicate skin.

Photo taken from www.cremedelamer.co.uk © Crème de la Mer


REVIEW:
I have been using Crème de la Mer the Cream for nearly two years now, and have decided to share my experience and explain why its worth the price you pay. I have super sensitive dry skin that can easily break out if I clog my pores with the wrong moisturiser. My skin is so dry that when I had my first facial 3 years ago my beautician thought I had eczema (I don’t). So moisturising is something that’s really important for me to maintain a healthy smooth complexion. The reason I splurged and tried Crème de la Mer was 1. because of the reputation it had worldwide, I found it rare to find a negative review. And 2. because it claimed to not only moisturise your skin but diminish blemishes and regenerate the skin... They don’t lie! This really does what it claims to do. Not only did it moisturise my skin to an immense level it also toned down the redness to give me an all over clear complexion. I do find that sometimes the Crème can be very thick and heavy for every day wear,  also making my skin look a little too dewy at times and take a while to skin into the skin fully. The Crème is this richest and most heavy level of moisture they have to offer. This is where I would look into the other levels of moisture that La Mer have to offer. There is 5 forms of moisturiser to choose (see picture below) from all of which contain the magical miracle broth, one to transform every complexion so I suggest going to a counter and asking for advice on which is most suited to your skin type. Ask to try a few samples before you commit to ensure you have the correct level of moisture suited to you. But the thickness and heaviness of the Crème would not dent my appreciation for this product and the brand, as I continue to use this all year round.
I’d like to comment on the fact that this product has been compared to a Nivea moisturiser due to using similar (not the same) ingredients. I tried out this Nivea product to see how it compared and after one day of using it I broke out but stuck with it to give it a fair test. But after two weeks of continuous break outs I switched straight back to my La Mer. The speciality of the miracle broth is something that sets this brand apart from any other and the reason I can use this without the risk of a possible break out which I’m prone to when trying new products. It's definitely become a staple in my routine.

Photo taken from www.cremedelamer.co.uk © Crème de la Mer


DIRECTIONS:

Using the spatula provided with the product scoop a small amount of moisturiser and rub together into your fingertips until the product becomes clear and almost gel like. Then gently press into skin. It is important that you warm the product and press not rub into the skin to see and feel the full benefits.

PRICE:
30ml - £105
60ml - £200
250ml - £680
500ml - £1300

The price may seem steep for the amount of product you’re receiving but I tend to purchase the 60ml and that will last me little over year. Which equals to less that £15 a month. Not bad, not bad at all!

TIPS:
One thing I will stress about is the directions; Crème de la Mer really want you to warm it between your fingertips before pressing into the skin. Sometimes when I’m in a rush I don’t have the time to fully do this but only recently have I realised the impact of not doing so. Not warming the product before hand really effects the way the moisturiser works, it just sits on the skin and doesn’t sink in to release its all mighty goodness. So now I always ensure I have the time to apply this product properly to see the full benefits. Trust me on this one. 

You can purchase this from many online retailers including John Lewis, House of Fraser, Selfridges, Harvey Nichols, Harrods and of course the Creme de la Mer website. I know we all have our favourite retailers so I've linked them all for you to take your pick.

Overall I’d like to thank Dr. Max Hubber for creating such an amazing product and making it into the world renowned brand that it is today AND giving me the skin I have today, tomorrow and forever. Thank you.

I'd like to also thank you guys for taking the time to read my first EVER review. I promise you I will become better at this blogger business. Any guidance and tips will be appreciated. But thank you very much!
Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment