Monday 21 October 2013

Sisley Express Flower Gel Mask Review




Let me start by saying this stuff works! I first heard of this after it being in Instyle’s best beauty buys bible! This is a little magazine released annually alongside the March issue of Instyle. The leaders of the beauty business deliver a list of dream products that they use on themselves and their celebrity clients all over the world. I quote ‘’they have to use the best, because their reputations are at stake’’. So it’s safe to say I feel in safe hands when I’m referring to this bible… still 8 months on from its release. I must say I always refer to this when I’m looking for a new product to try out. Roll on next march for the next load of favorites to be shared! I may even do a review with you guys, and I can share with you which products I want to trial next.
ANYWAY back to the product (getting way to excited at the thought of another best beauty buys). The Sisley Express Flower Gel Mask was voted as the best hydrating mask of 2013. This is what make-up maestro Lauren Parsons had to say about it ‘’its rare to get off a plane looking as good as you got on, but with this you can’’. So far so good huh?



‘’This is easy to use – apply, leave it on for a few minutes, and continue your skincare routine as normal for plumped up skin’’ – taken from best beauty buys 2013. This is exactly what I do when using this product. I apply straight after cleansing in the morning, all over my face and neck. Give it a few minutes for all the goodness to be absorbed into the skin and wala, its done! Then I go ahead and dab a small amount of Crème de la Mer over the top. It has a very fresh floral scent that isn’t too over powering and doesn’t linger throughout the day.

As you can see it's a clear gel like product and leaves no residue once massaged into the skin.


I suffer from dry skin so this is a like a finding water in a desert for me. My skin drinks it up within minutes. Sisley recommend this to be used two to three times a week as a pick me up. I tend to use this mask towards the end of a working week when my skin starts to look dull and tired, due to late nights and early starts. Would be ideal to use before a night out to liven and wake up the skin, as well as being a great base for make-up. Sisley also say to tissue of the excess… I have no excess! That’s how I know my skin adores this product.
After a few minutes your skin will look refreshed as if you’ve had a full nights sleep. This product also claims to firm the skin, I’m only 21 so this is something I haven’t been able to comment on massively, but the way it sinks into the skin so rapidly afterwards my skin does feel a lot more taught and firm! This would be great for people who are looking for a firming mask in specific.

This masks main factor of ingredients is down to its plant extracts such as, Iris: softens, Lily (white): moisturizes & softens, Rose: refreshes & softens, Sesame: hydrates. See the picture below for a full list of the ingredients.



£77.50 for 60ml. Buy here: John Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment